Make the Tortilla Strips:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheet with a Silpat or foil.
2. Loosely scatter the tortilla strips, evenly drizzle with olive oil, evenly sprinkle with kosher salt. Toss with hands to coat evenly, and bake for about 15-18 minutes, until crisp and lightly golden brown. Set aside.
Make the Soup:
1. In a large Dutch oven heat the olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and jalapeño and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften. Stir intermittently.
3. Add the garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add the chicken broth, tomatoes and juice, black beans, chicken, corn, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, 2 teaspoons salt, and smoked paprika and bring to boil.
5. Allow the mixture to boil gently for about 5-7 minutes.
6. Add the cilantro and boil 1 minute.
7. Taste soup and make any seasoning adjustments.
8. Ladle soup into bowls, top with tortilla strips to taste. Add optional garnished if desired.
Soup will keep airtight in the refrigerator for 5-7 days, or in the freezer for up to 6 months. Extra tortilla strips will keep in airtight container for up to 5 days.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (3389g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1076 (20%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 119.6g||159 %|
|Saturated Fat 24.6g||123 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 43.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 40.6g|
|Cholesterol 255.5mg||79 %|
|Sodium 8060.2mg||278 %|
|Potassium 6535.3mg||172 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 914.5g||269 %|
|Dietary Fiber 129.1g||517 %|
|Sugars, other 785.3g|
|Protein 234.9g||336 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 5489
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!