3 tbsp. cornstarch, divided
1/2 cup. water, + 2 tbsp. water, divided
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 lb. boneless round steak or 1 lb charcoal chuck steak, cut into thin 3-inch strips
2 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
4 cups. broccoli florets
1 small onion, cut into wedges
1/3 cup. reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. ground ginger
hot cooked rice
1. In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water and garlic powder until smooth.
2. Add beef and toss.
3. In a large skillet or wok over medium high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until beef reaches desired doneness; remove and keep warm.
4. Stir-fry broccoli and onion in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes.
5. Return beef to pan.
6. Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and remaining cornstarch and water until smooth; add to the pan.
7. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
8. Serve over rice.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (1130g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1|
|Calories from Fat: 195 (19%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 21.7g||29 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.9g||9 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 13.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 10.6mg||0 %|
|Potassium 301.2mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 193.5g||57 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 190.6g|
|Protein 14.1g||20 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1040
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!