1. Preheat oven to 450F degrees.
2. In a microwave-safe bowl (or you can use the baking dish that you'll be baking these in if it's microwave-safe), melt stick of butter in the microwave.
3. Put melted butter into an 8x8 baking dish.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
5. Pour in the buttermilk. Stir until a loose dough forms. Batter will be a bit sticky.
6. Pour biscuit dough into baking dish (right on top of the melted butter.) Some of the butter will run over the top of the dough, that's perfectly okay.
7. Cut the dough into 9 squares. This will help with cutting later when they are done too.
8. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, rotating dish once during baking.
9. Oven times do vary since different ovens have different hot spots, but basically biscuits should be golden brown on top and spring back to the touch
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (1000g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1|
|Calories from Fat: 81 (6%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.2g||21 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.5g|
|Cholesterol 27mg||8 %|
|Sodium 9908.6mg||342 %|
|Potassium 1407.2mg||37 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 264.3g||78 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8.5g||34 %|
|Sugars, other 255.8g|
|Protein 53.2g||76 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1376
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!