1. Preheat your oven to 415F.
2. Lay out your puff pastry sheet onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
3. Place your chocolate bar in the center, (I use 1.5 Hershey bars, full size but your favorite bar can be substituted.)
4. Cut diagonal lines into puff pastry sheet along the left and right side of the chocolate bar about an inch apart. Remove the corner pieces. Starting from the top, fold the flaps over then alternate right and left until you are close to the bottom. Fold the bottom flap up and finish alternating between right and left. Tuck any extra puff pastry underneath.
5. Brush with egg wash (1 egg and 1 Tbl milk whisked together) and top with sliced almonds if desired.
6. Bake at 415F for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Remove and immediately top with desired amount of icing.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (33g)|
|Recipe Makes: 5 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 35 (47%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.9g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.4g||12 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 3mg||1 %|
|Sodium 25mg||1 %|
|Potassium 63.4mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.9g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 7.5g|
|Protein 2g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 75
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.