Even the beginner cook can make these. And they're true home-made rolls. They must chill 2 hours. Or you can make them up 3 days in advance.
1. Combine water and yeast in lg bowl; let stand for 5 minutes.
2. With wooden spoon, stir in butter, sugar, eggs and salt.
3. Add flour, 1 cup at a time and beat in as much as you can.
4. (you will probably be able to use all the flour) Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or up to 3 days.
5. Grease a 13x9 baking pan.
6. Turn dough out onto floured surface.
7. Divide into 24 equal pieces.
8. Roll each piece into a smooth round ball.
9. Place in rows in prepared pan.
10. Cover and let rise for 1 hour; until doubled.
11. Heat oven to 375*.
12. Bake until golden brown, about 17 minutes.
*So glad I found this recipe!! Love these rolls, and they're so simple to make! I've never chilled the dough before, will try it when I have time.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Dozen (544g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Dozen|
|Calories from Fat: 750 (66%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 83.3g||111 %|
|Saturated Fat 40.8g||204 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 26.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.8g|
|Cholesterol 1708.4mg||526 %|
|Sodium 2016.7mg||70 %|
|Potassium 518mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 52.9g||16 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 52.9g|
|Protein 47.7g||68 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1137
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!