1. Scrub potatoes thoroughly and poke all over with the tip of a knife. Place in the microwave for about 8 min, or until soft. You can also bake them in the oven first, 425 F for about 1 hour.
2. While potatoes are baking, chop up the onion and bell pepper. Set aside.
2. Coat the bottom of a 9 in. skillet with the oil of your choice
3. Place potatoes on a cutting board, and skin them. Chop the potatoes into small squares and set aside.
4. Make sure your oil is hot enough that when you drop your potatoes in, it sizzles. When the oil is hot, drop all the potatoes in at once. Pour your onions and peppers in and stir.
5. Add spices to the potatoes and stir so that the flavor coats all the sides.
6. Cook at medium to low heat, turning the potatoes every couple of minutes for about 15 min, or until potatoes are golden brown. Serve immediately.
The spices are all about personal taste. If you want spicy potatoes, add more cayenne pepper. Or maybe you want to add more veggies, or less salt. This is a good base recipe, so add or take away as much as you like.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (183g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 2 (2%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.2g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1337mg||46 %|
|Potassium 706mg||19 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 29.3g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.9g||15 %|
|Sugars, other 25.5g|
|Protein 3.4g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 129
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.