1. Heat oil over medium high heat then add beef cubes.
2. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper. Cook until browned (about 5-7 minutes) and remove meat from pan and set aside.
3. Melt butter. Add onions and garlic and cook until onion is translucent (about 3-5 minutes).
4. Add celery and carrots. Cook until soft.
5. Add meat back to pan.
6. Stir in tomato paste until it is completely incorporated.
7. Stir in red wine and bring to a simmer.
8. Add whole tomatoes, beef stock, salt, pepper thyme, and bay leaves.
9. Mix well, bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat.
10. Simmer for three hours; until beef is fork tender.
11. Remove bay leaves and thyme.
12. Add noodles and cook until al dente.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (3414g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1839 (48%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 204.3g||272 %|
|Saturated Fat 83g||415 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 86g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 11.8g|
|Cholesterol 895.6mg||276 %|
|Sodium 2893.2mg||100 %|
|Potassium 7868.4mg||207 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 243.6g||72 %|
|Dietary Fiber 25.3g||101 %|
|Sugars, other 218.3g|
|Protein 221.2g||316 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 3863
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!