I've been making this for years. I love it. It has a kick to it, but you can change that my either omitting the jalapeno's or lowering the amount you use. In fact you can cut out a lot heat by removing the rib of the jalapeno (the white part inside) and all the seeds and discard. But I LOVE SPICY
1. Brown the ground beef and drain any fat. I like to use 80/20 because the fat gives a lot of flavor. You drain it anyways, so no worries.
2. Season with salt and pepper to taste
3. Add the jalapenos and green bell pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring. Medium Heat.
4. Add almost all of the ketchup in a normal bottle of ketchup ( I believe it's 14 oz) . Stir to combine.
5. I typically let it simmer for about 10 minutes to let the flavors marry; on low-medium. On high, it will just spatter and make your stove a mess.
I ALWAYS serve them with Martins Party Potato Rolls. They are mini rolls, about 12 to a pack. Don't know why I don't like the bigger Martin rolls, I just like the mini's.
Left overs can be refrigerated. Reheat however much you need to make another sammy!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (129g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 78 (43%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.7g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.4g||17 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 38.6mg||12 %|
|Sodium 675.6mg||23 %|
|Potassium 412.8mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 15g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 14.6g|
|Protein 11.7g||17 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 180
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.