Almond Flour Crust:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom of a 9 in round pie pan with parchment paper, or grease well.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, and sea salt.
3. Stir in the melted ghee and egg, until well combined. The "dough" will be dry and crumbly. Just keep mixing, pressing and stirring, until it's uniform and there is no almond flour powder left. (Alternatively, you can use a food processor to mix it all together.)
4. Press the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. You can flute the edges of desired; if it crumbles when doing this, just press it back together. Carefully poke holes in the surface using a fork to prevent bubbling.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden. (Add fillings only after pre-baking.)After it's done, remove from the oven and leave the oven on at 350 degrees F (177 degrees C).)
6. Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for a minute, until fragrant.
7. Add ground beef to the pan. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook for 7-10 minutes, breaking apart with a spoon or spatula, until the meat is browned and fat cooks away. (If the beef is browned but you still have liquid left, drain it before proceeding.)
8. When the beef is cooked through, stir in the green chiles (drained) and enchilada sauce. Cook for another 3 minutes.
9. Transfer the meat mixture evenly into the baked pie crust and compress the top. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top. Bake for 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired.
Storage Instructions for Leftovers:
Store Tamale Pie in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat in microwave or in the oven at 350 degrees F.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (761g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1|
|Calories from Fat: 1989 (73%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 221g||295 %|
|Saturated Fat 38.4g||192 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 127.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 38.2g|
|Cholesterol 308.4mg||95 %|
|Sodium 2563.6mg||88 %|
|Potassium 3402.1mg||90 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 59.9g||18 %|
|Dietary Fiber 31.3g||125 %|
|Sugars, other 28.7g|
|Protein 150.2g||215 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2729
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!