1. Spray 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
2. Spread chopped pecans in a single layer on top of parchment.
3. Add butter, sugar, and salt to a heavy bottomed 3- quart pot. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently to dissolve the sugar. Stir occasionally, slowly and evenly, until the candy has reached 290-300 degrees, or "hard crack" on a candy thermometer. Remove from heat and gently stir in the vanilla.
4. Pour over the pecans and let candy sit for a few minutes before sprinkling the chocolate chips over the top.
5. Cover with foil and let sit for 5 minutes. Remove foil and gently spread the softened chocolate into an even layer.
6. Place candy in refrigerator and let cool completely.
7. Lift parchment out of the baking dish and place the toffee on a cutting board or solid surface. Use knife to gently break into small pieces. Store in air-tight container in a cool place.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (95g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 440 (87%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 48.9g||65 %|
|Saturated Fat 20.1g||101 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 18.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 7g|
|Cholesterol 65.8mg||20 %|
|Sodium 7156.5mg||247 %|
|Potassium 198.9mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 16.3g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 13g|
|Protein 4.3g||6 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 506
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!