1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Wash and scrub your sweet potatoes. Place on a baking sheet, pierce each potato a few times with a fork, and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Place in the oven and roast for 45 minutes.
3. When sweet potatoes are finished, slice them in half lengthwise and let them cool.
4. Scoop a bit of ‘meat’ out from the sweet potatoes to make room for the filling.
5. In a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, place two strips of turkey bacon. Cook until bacon begins to brown and crisp up.
6. Place a napkin on top of a small plate. When bacon is finished, place onto napkin to let grease soak out.
7. Rinse the skillet and place back on the burner over medium heat.
8. Place eggs in skillet and cook on medium-low for just a few minutes; ~3 minutes. Be sure not to overcook these eggs as they will continue cooking after removed from heat, and will be placed into the oven later on.
9. Break eggs into four equal parts. Place each into the hollow parts of the sweet potatoes. Sprinkle each with salt and pepper.
10. Break bacon apart with your hands into small pieces. Sprinkle over the eggs.
11. Sprinkle cheese over top. Set your oven to broil on high. Place potatoes in the oven and broil for three minutes or until cheese is melted.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (89g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 75 (48%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.3g||11 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.1g||16 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 22.4mg||7 %|
|Sodium 407mg||14 %|
|Potassium 284.4mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 13.7g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 11.7g|
|Protein 7.2g||10 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 157
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!