1. Saute the onion in a large, non-stick skillet until it begins to brown. Tip: Add a small pinch of baking soda to speed up browning. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
2. Add the eggplant, water, and herbs and stir well to coat the eggplant with the seasonings. Cover tightly and cook until the eggplant begins to soften, about 6 minutes, stirring frequently. Add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT the fresh basil and Almond Parmesan. Cover and cook for 10-15 min, until eggplant is tender and sauce has thickened. Season to taste with salt, add fresh basil, and serve over pasta or brown rice or other whole grain. Top with Almond Parmesan, if desired.
3. To make Almond Parmesan, process the nutritional yeast and whole raw almonds in a blender or food processor until crumbly. Store in the refrigerator.
4. Preparation time: 10 minutes.
5. Cooking time: 25 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (365g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 55 (12%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.1g||8 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.7g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 25.1mg||1 %|
|Potassium 1568mg||41 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 71.8g||21 %|
|Dietary Fiber 35.3g||141 %|
|Sugars, other 36.5g|
|Protein 31.5g||45 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 449
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!