1. Cook first 3 ingredients in a 3 1/2-quart saucepan over medium-low heat 30 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cream and Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
2. Peel eggplant, and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Sprinkle slices evenly with salt and black pepper. Stir together eggs and 3 Tbsp. water. Dredge eggplant in flour; dip into egg mixture, and dredge again in flour, shaking to remove excess.
3. Cook eggplant, in batches, in 1 1/2 Tbsp. hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and slightly softened. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining oil and eggplant, wiping skillet clean after each batch, if necessary.
4. Layer 3 lasagna noodles lengthwise in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Top with one-third tomato sauce mixture and half of eggplant. Dollop half of ricotta cheese evenly on eggplant in dish; top with half of mozzarella. Repeat layers with remaining noodles, one-third sauce mixture, remaining eggplant, and remaining ricotta. Top with remaining one-third sauce mixture and mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake at 350? for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 20 minutes before serving.
*6 no-cook lasagna noodles may be substituted. Prepare recipe as directed, reserving last half of mozzarella from top. Bake, covered, at 350? for 45 minutes. Sprinkle top with reserved cheese; bake, uncovered, for 20 more minutes or until golden brown.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Bertolli Vidalia Onion With Roasted Garlic pasta sauce.
Prep: 50 min., Cook: 1 hr., Bake: 40 min., Stand: 20 min.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (404g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 188 (35%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 20.9g||28 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.9g||50 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2g|
|Cholesterol 222mg||68 %|
|Sodium 1336.5mg||46 %|
|Potassium 541.4mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 56g||16 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 53.2g|
|Protein 30.6g||44 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 534
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.