1. Salt the eggplant slices and put them in a colander to drain.
2. Prepare the tomato sauce by sauteing the onion in a non-stick saucepan until it becomes translucent (you may use a little water if you like). Add the garlic and saute for one more minute. Add the remaining tomato sauce ingredients, and cook for 15-20 minutes.
3. Prepare the cheese sauce: Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until completely smooth. Blend again right before using to make sure that the ingredients haven't separated.
4. Rinse the eggplant slices and pat them dry with paper towels. Spray a baking sheet lightly with olive oil and place the slices on it (you may have to do this in two batches). Spray the tops lightly, and place under the broiler. Watch carefully, and remove when the slices start to brown, about 3 minutes.
5. Assemble the casserole: Preheat the oven to 350. Spray or wipe an 8x8 inch non-metal baking dish with a small bit of olive oil. Place half the eggplant slices on the bottom of the dish, edges overlapping. Sprinkle with half the breadcrumbs. Spoon half the tomato sauce and pour half the cheese sauce over the breadcrumbs and sprinkle lightly with soy parmesan. Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients (reserving some bread crumbs for on top, as mentioned above). Bake uncovered for about 20 min, until slightly browned on top. Sprinkle with fresh basil just before serving.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (430g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 30 (18%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.3g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1160.8mg||40 %|
|Potassium 691.9mg||18 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 28.5g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7.4g||30 %|
|Sugars, other 21g|
|Protein 8.8g||13 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 167
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!