1. Cut eggplants into 1/4 inch thick slices. Salt eggplant slices and place on paper towels. Weigh down the slices w/ a couple of plates and let drain for 2 hours.
2. While the eggplant is draining, prepare tomato sauce. Combine tomatoes, garlic & 1/3 cup olive oil in a food processor. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
3. When eggplant has drained, presss down on it to remove excess water, wipe of the excess salt & lay the slices out on new papter towels to remove all the moisture.
4. In a wide, shallow bowl, combine flour & breadcrums. Mix well. Pour beaten eggs into another bowl. Place a large, deep skillet over medium heat & pour in a half inch of olive oil. When oil is simmering, dredge the eggplant slices first in the beaten egg, then in the flour mixture. working in batches, slide coated eggplant into hot oil and fry unil golden brown on both sides, turning once. Drain on paper towels.
5. Preheat the oven to 350?
6. In the bottom of a 10x15 inch glass baking dish, spread 1 cup tomato sauce. Top with 1/3 of eggplant slices. Top eggplant with 1/2 of the mozzarella slices. Sprinkle with 1/3 of parmesan. Repeat a second layer. Add remaining eggplant, and top with remaining sauce and parmesan.
7. bake until cheese has melted and top is slightly brown, about 30 minutes. Allow to rest at room temp for 10 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (523g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 325 (45%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 36.1g||48 %|
|Saturated Fat 15.9g||79 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4g|
|Cholesterol 594.7mg||183 %|
|Sodium 1838.7mg||63 %|
|Potassium 717.6mg||19 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 48.1g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7.4g||30 %|
|Sugars, other 40.7g|
|Protein 50.3g||72 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 715
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!