1. Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a small bowl beat egg and 2 Tablespoons of water.
3. Mix breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
4. Slice eggplant into 1/4 inch thick slices. Dip slices into egg mixture and then breadcrumb mixture.
5. Heat oil in skillet. Brown half the eggplant in the oil for about 5 minutes, turning over once. Remove and repeat with remaining eggplant.
6. Place half the eggplant into ungreased 11 X 7 inch baking dish. Spoon half of the spaghetti sauce over eggplant and then layer with half the mozzarella cheese. Repeat with the rest of eggplant, spaghetti sauce and cheese.
7. Bake uncovered approximately 25 minutes or until cheese is slightly browned.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Recipe (2121g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Recipe|
|Calories from Fat: 597 (41%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 66.3g||88 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.2g||51 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 41.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 10.5g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 4149.8mg||143 %|
|Potassium 2047.1mg||54 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 181.9g||54 %|
|Dietary Fiber 17.1g||68 %|
|Sugars, other 164.8g|
|Protein 35.3g||50 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1448
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.