I've taken the scary work out of making a hollandaise--just use the blender. This hollandaise can be kept in the refrigerator for 4 days, so I have been known to double it. Just reheat slowly.
1. Combine the yolks and lemon juice in a blender jar on high speed for 20 seconds.
2. With the blender running, slowly drizzle the hot butter into the jar leaving the milky white residue behind.
3. If the sauce seems too thick, add hot water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until it reaches the desired consistency. Season with salt, pepper and additional lemon juice, if needed. Set aside and keep warm.
1. Pour water to a depth of three inches in a medium saucepan (about 3 cups water). Add the vinegar to the water and bring it to a rolling boil. Reduce the heat to maintain a bare simmer.
2. Crack one of the eggs into a ramekin or coffee cup. Slip it into the water, twisting your wrist to get the egg to wrap around itself. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
3. Let the eggs poach until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny, about 4 ½ minutes. Remove the eggs from the water with a slotted spoon and drain them briefly on paper towels.
1. Split the muffins and toast them. While they are toasting heat the bacon through in a skillet set over medium-high heat.
2. Plate two muffin halves on each plate. Top each muffin with a slice of the bacon. Top each one of these with a poached egg. Pour hollandaise over the poached eggs.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (778g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1148 (69%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 127.6g||170 %|
|Saturated Fat 55.7g||278 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 44.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 13.7g|
|Cholesterol 3523.7mg||1084 %|
|Sodium 1811mg||62 %|
|Potassium 1071.6mg||28 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 34.2g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 32.7g|
|Protein 95.5g||136 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1663
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.