1. Add the first 5 ingredients to a large pot; cover and
bring to a boil.
2. Lower the heat and simmer 15-20 minutes or until
the lentils and veggies are tender.
3. Take pot from stove burner and set aside.
4. In a small saucepan, add the oil; warm over low heat
until the oil is hot but not smoking.
5. Add in the cumin, turmeric, and salt; cook and stir
constantly for for 2-3 minutes or until the cumin has
released its fragrance (be careful not to scorch the
6. Set spice mixture aside for 1 minute to cool.
7. Stir spice mixture into the lentil mixture; add
cilantro, stir to combine.
8. You can puree the soup, in batches, in a blender OR
you can use an immersion blender and blend to
desired texture (I like to leave it a little chunky).
9. Add in lemon juice; stir to combine.
10. Rewarm soup in soup pot; season if needed with
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (360g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 25 (18%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.8g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 42.2mg||1 %|
|Potassium 482.2mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 24.8g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.2g||21 %|
|Sugars, other 19.5g|
|Protein 5.6g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 139
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.