Appetizing all-season fruit jam is a great delicacy for tea, and of course for pancakes and fresh buns. Very tasty, original and can be prepared very fast!
1. Peel and chop the kiwi into bite-size chunks, leaving the bananas peeled but unmashed. Add all to a large pot and heat over medium.
2. Get your canning pot full of water and get it started boiling (note: if you don’t want to “can” your jam you can make “freezer jam”- but the jam must always remain cold; if you don’t can it properly you will leave room for bacteria to grow at room temp. Also, prepare your jars – they must be clean and sterilized.
3. As the fruit heats, the juices will come out. Mashing of bananas can take place now, with a potato masher (do it now to avoid banana browning).
4. Bring to a roiling boil. Once it begins bubbling and the bubbles can’t be “stirred down” anymore, add all the sugar at once and stir it in. If you’re adding butter, add it now.
5. Bring to a boil again and when it’s fully boiling, time it for about 2-3 minutes (adjust accordingly to how thick you want the jam to be). Remove from heat.
6. Add jam to jars, leaving at least 1/4 inch head space. Put lids that have been sterilized in hot water on the jars and hand-tighten. Place into your canning pot of boiling water and allow to boil for 10 minutes. Remove and put the jars upside down for a few minutes, then right side up - to help with sealing. The lids should “pop” down indicating a good, safe seal – if they do, your jars can be stored at room temp for up to a year. If they don’t, please refrigerate them.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (38g)|
|Recipe Makes: 32 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 6 (13%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.7g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0.3mg||0 %|
|Sodium 6.1mg||0 %|
|Potassium 273.7mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.3g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 5.6g|
|Protein 3.8g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 47
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.