1) In a small bowl, whisk together the orange zest, orange juice, olive oil,
vinegar, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
2) This can be made ahead of time. Refrigerate and assemble salad
just before serving.
1) Cut the heads of endive in half lengthwise, remove the triangle of core
at the base of each half so the leaves separate, and cut the leaves
in half again lengthwise. Place in a large bowl.
2) Drizzle the leaves with the vinaigrette.
3) Toast the walnuts in a dry saute pan over low heat for 5 to 10 minutes,
until lightly toasted.
4) Add walnuts, Roquefort, and apple. Add the arugula and toss.
5) Zest the orange into the salad with a strip zester. Peel the orange and
remove the the white pitch around the orange with a small sharp knife.
Cut the orange sections between the membranes and toss them on
the salad. Discard the membranes.
6) Sprinkle with salt and serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (311g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 190 (68%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 21.1g||28 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.3g||27 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.9g|
|Cholesterol 17mg||5 %|
|Sodium 594.1mg||20 %|
|Potassium 799.9mg||21 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 16.6g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8.6g||34 %|
|Sugars, other 8.1g|
|Protein 9.7g||14 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 279
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!