1. In a bowl, toss the escarole with the shallot, lemon juice & 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
2. Stuff the trout cavities with the escarole & close the trout with skewers. Season the fish with salt & pepper, then sprinkle the fish with cornmeal.
3. In a cast-iron skillet, heat 1/8 inch of olive oil. Add the trout & cook it over moderate heat, turning once, until the skin is crisp & the fish is just cooked within 8 minutes.
4. Transfer the trout to a serving platter. Wipe out the skillet.
5. Melt the butter in the skillet. Add the trout, turning to coat both sides. Remove the pan from the heat & let the trout stand in the pan for 5 minutes.
6. Transfer the trout to serving plates. Serve with lemon wedges
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (108g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 180 (71%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 20g||27 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.6g||43 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2g|
|Cholesterol 76.4mg||23 %|
|Sodium 121.4mg||4 %|
|Potassium 323.3mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1.8g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 1.8g|
|Protein 16.8g||24 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 255
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!