1. Saute the mirepoix in butter until well browned.
2. Add the flour and stir to make a roux. Continue to cook until the roux is browned.
3. Gradually stir in the brown stock and tomato puree, stirring constantly until the mixture comes to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to simmer and skim surface. Add the sachet and let simmer about 2 hours, or until the sauce is reduced to (128 oz for gallon) (32 oz for quart). Skim as often as necessary.
5. Strain through a china cap lined with several layers of cheesecloth. Press on mirepoix gently to extract juices.
6. Cover or spread melted butter on surface to prevent skin formation. Keep hot in a bain-marie, or cool in a cold-water bath for later use.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1760g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 427 (60%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 47.4g||63 %|
|Saturated Fat 29.4g||147 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.3g|
|Cholesterol 121.9mg||38 %|
|Sodium 433.6mg||15 %|
|Potassium 823.9mg||22 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 64.1g||19 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.9g||28 %|
|Sugars, other 57.2g|
|Protein 10.4g||15 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 711
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!