Quick Pickled Onion Directions:
1. Combine vinegar, salt, maple syrup, bay leaves, and peppercorns in a saucepan, and bring to a gentle simmer.
2. Add the onions, stir, and let cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove pan from the heat. Let the onions cool at room temperature, then transfer to a glass jar and store in the fridge.
1. Soak kaniwa for up to 8 hours or overnight if possible (if you have not soaked it, proceed with un-soaked and rinsed). Drain and place in a dry saucepan over medium heat and toast it until slightly fragrant. Add water and salt, cover, bring to a boil then reduce to simmer and cook until the water is absorbed and the seeds are tender. Remove from heat and set aside to let cool.
2. While the kaniwa is cooking, prepare and grill the vegetables. Slice the zucchini into thin ribbons with a sharp knife or mandoline. Stem the green beans. Shuck the corn. Lightly coat the vegetables in melted coconut oil or ghee and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Preheat the grill and cook until tender (times will vary greatly depending on the veggies!).
3. Quick pickle the onions, if desired.
4. In a large bowl place the grilled vegetables and drizzle with olive oil. Add cooled kaniwa, pickled onions, crumbled feta and salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (256g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 21 (11%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.3g||3 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.4g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1416.3mg||49 %|
|Potassium 523.2mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 36.7g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.6g||27 %|
|Sugars, other 30.1g|
|Protein 6.4g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 188
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.