1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees Farenheight.
2) In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, and salt. Using a pastry
blender, cut in shortening until pieces are pea-size. Sprinkle cold water,
1 tabelspoon at a time, over mixture (use 3 to 5 tablespoons total),
tossing with a fork after each addition until moistened. Form into a ball.
3) Divide the pastry into 24 balls. Place each ball into an ungreased 1-3/4"
muffin cup. Press dough evenly against the bottoms and up sides of
4) Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool
in pan for 5 minutes. Remove tart shells from pans; cool completely
on a wire rack.
5) These shells can be made ahead of time. Place shells in tightly
covered container and freeze for up to 1 month.
1) In a small saucepan, cook and stir jelly over medium-low heat until
melted. To add a a little heat to the recipe, stir a dash of cayenne
pepper into the melted jalapeno jelly. Remove from heat and set
2) Lightly score pomegranate skin in quarters vertically. Gently break
pomegranate in half and then in quarters. Submerge quarters in
a bowl of cold water and pull seeds from white pith. Stir 1/3 cup
of the seeds into cooled jelly (reserve remaining seeds for another
1) In a small bowl, stir together cream cheese, feta cheese, and
cilantro. If desired, place mixture in a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2"
round tip or a clean resealable plastic bag with 1/2" opening
snipped in one corner. Pipe or spoon about 2 teaspoons into
each tart shell.
2) Spoon some of the jelly mixture over filling. If desired, cover and
refrigerate for up to 6 hours. If desired, garnish with fresh lavender
3) This can be made up to 24 hours before serving. Cover and
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (71g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 46 (37%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5.1g||7 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.1g||10 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 4.9mg||2 %|
|Sodium 39.7mg||1 %|
|Potassium 92.6mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 17.6g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 15.8g|
|Protein 2.4g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 124
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!