- Heat oil in large skilled on medium-high
- Liberally season chicken with salt and pepper
- Add chicken to pan and brown 4-5 min on one side
- Transfer the chicken to a plate
- Add rice, onion, and 1/2 t salt and pepper
- saute untill rice is browned and onion is tender (about 4-5 min)
- Stir in Garlic, oregano, chili powder, and cayenne, cook until fragrant about 30 sec
- Stir in tomatoes, green pepper and broth, bring to boil scraping up any browned bits.
- Nestle chicken browned side up in pan add all accumulated juices from chicken to pan
- cover and reduce heat to low, cook for 12 min
- transfer chicken to cutting board and tent with foil
- stir rice and replace cover continue cooking about 12 min
- slice chicken into 1/2 inch strips
- arrange sliced chicken on top of rice, sprinkly with cheese and scallions
- cover and let stand until cheese is melted about 5 min.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (467g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 200 (35%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 22.3g||30 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.2g||41 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.5g|
|Cholesterol 103.1mg||32 %|
|Sodium 636.6mg||22 %|
|Potassium 766.7mg||20 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 49.4g||15 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||17 %|
|Sugars, other 45.2g|
|Protein 41g||59 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 566
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!