NOTE: You can adjust the number of chili peppers to match your desired heat level. The amounts in this recipe will be a bit spicy. I actually use more serrano peppers, but I'm a heat addict.
1) Roast the garlic bulb in the oven at the temperature of 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
2) Roast the chili peppers over open flame until charred, but not burnt. I use my gas stove to roast my peppers.
3) Seal the roasted peppers in a bowl with plastic wrap on the top to seal in the moisture, for about 15 minutes.
4) While the peppers are resting and the garlic is cooking, take a shot of tequila. (Optional but recommended)
5) Open the can of stewed tomatoes and pour into a blender.
6) Coarsely chop the cilantro and add into the blender.
7) After peppers have rested, it will be much easier to remove the charred skin.
8) To remove the skin from the peppers, I use a paper towel and wipe the skin away.
9) Cut the stems from the peppers, and cut them in half, lengthwise, and add into the blender. (Remove the seeds if you don't want as much heat)
10) Squeeze the roasted garlic out of the cloves, and add into the blender.
11) Blend the ingredients in the blender until desired consistency. I like it a bit chunky still, so about 10 seconds.
12) Season with salt and pepper to taste.
13) Pour into a bowl, cover, and let it rest in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
Enjoy with chips!!!!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (21g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1 (9%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1.9mg||0 %|
|Potassium 61.7mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 2.2g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 1.6g|
|Protein 0.5g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 11
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.