Buy fish fillets of equal size to ensure even cooking. Fish should be opaque and flaky but juicy when done.
1. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in medium saucepan over med-high heat. Add shallot and cook until softened, about 2 min. Stir in thyme and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in 1.75 c of heavy cream and bring to simmer. Whisk in remaining 1/4 c heavy cream and cornstarch together, then stir into saucepan. Continue to simmer until the sauce is thickened, about 2 min. Season with salt & pepper and set aside to cool.
2. Combine 1 c of sauce, crabmeat, corn, tarragon, lemon juice/zest and cayenne. Season with salt and pepper. Pat fish dry with paper towels and season with salt/pepper. Coat at 13x9 inch baking dish with remaining 1 tablespoon butter.
3. place fish on cutting board, smooth side down. Divide filling equally among the fish fillets, mounding it in the middle. Fold the tapered end over the filling and then fold the thicker end of the fish over the top to make a tidy bundle.
4. Arrange the fish bundles in the baking dish, seam side down. Leave space between each roll. Pour remaining sauce over fish.
5. To store: cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 24 hours
6. To serve: Adust oven rack to middle position and heat the oven 475 degrees. Sprinkle fish with ritz cracker crumbs and bake until all but the very center of the fish turns opaque and the filling is hot, about 20 min. Serve with lemon wedges.
7. To serve right away, rduce baking time to 12-15 min.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (566g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 369 (46%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 41g||55 %|
|Saturated Fat 22.7g||114 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 11g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.9g|
|Cholesterol 303.8mg||93 %|
|Sodium 1180.4mg||41 %|
|Potassium 1552.1mg||41 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 26.9g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||9 %|
|Sugars, other 24.8g|
|Protein 80.3g||115 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 801
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.