This is far easier than the list of ingredients may indicate. If you enjoy fishing, this is a great way to prepare your fresh catch, whether bass, bluegill, crappie, perch or walleye fillets. It's great with tilapia fillets too. I came up with this Asian-like recipe after years of experimenting and tweaking. It has a little spice kick to it from the Szechuan spicy stir-fry sauce, but anyone can handle it, even kids. I posted a 5 minute video of myself making this dish on YouTube under the title "Fish in Ginger Sauce" (from Juanelo1946)
1. Fillets should be wet
2. In a small bowl mix the first six ingredients.
3. Heat skillet over medium high heat
4. Add vegetable oil to skillet
5. Put seasoned cornflour in gallon plastic bag.
6. Add the fish to the bag and shake to coat the fillets thoroughly
7. Put the breaded fillets onto clean plate
9. Add fillets to hot oil and cook until slightly brown, about a minute
10. Turn over fillets and brown on other side for another minute
11. Turn heat down to medium
12. Pour in the soy sauce mixture
13. Turn fish over one last time
14. Cover pan and let it simmer about 3-4 minutes more
15. Transfer fillets to serving platter and pour remaining sauce over top
16. Sprinkle green onions over the top
For larger fillets like tilapia or walleye, allow to them simmer 5 minutes
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (400g)|
|Recipe Makes: 3 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 216 (41%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 24.1g||32 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.5g||17 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 11.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.5g|
|Cholesterol 79.4mg||24 %|
|Sodium 2573.4mg||89 %|
|Potassium 211.7mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 33.9g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 31.5g|
|Protein 46.3g||66 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 521
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.