1. Heat a large flat-bottom wok or pan to low-medium; add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the leeks and cook until translucent; 5 minutes.
2. Add celery root; stirring frequently until just beginning to brown; 10 minutes.
3. In a small pan over low heat, melt the butter with the olive oil and add the minced garlic. Allow the garlic to infuse the butter/oil mixture.
4. Deglaze the pan with the wine then add the chicken stock. Continue to cook until the celery root is tender soft. 10 minutes
5. Add the swiss chard and garbanzo beans. Remove the garlic from the pan leaving behind the garlic-infused butter/oil for the garlic bread. Add the garlic along with the chard and garbanzo beans. Lightly salt to taste and stir to combine. (but don’t over salt because you are going to season the fish before adding it).
6. Season the fish fillets with the salt, pepper and ras el hanout and immerse them in the cooking liquid, placing them under the vegetables. Cover the pan and cook over low-medium heat for about 10 minutes until the fish is done.
7. Meanwhile, brush the melted butter/oil onto each slice of bread and toast in the oven.
8. Serve with garlic bread or over rice in shallow bowls..
To make this dish ahead of time, complete steps 1-5 then bring the vegetables back to a simmer before adding the fish.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (551g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 180 (28%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 20g||27 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.7g||24 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.6g|
|Cholesterol 63.9mg||20 %|
|Sodium 1065.4mg||37 %|
|Potassium 1400.7mg||37 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 69.1g||20 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8.9g||36 %|
|Sugars, other 60.2g|
|Protein 45.1g||64 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 643
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.