In a mixing bowl, mix the sifted flour with sugar and salt. Add in golden syrup and shortening. Mix till well combined. Slowly add in the water and knead to a soft dough till it doesn't stick to the hands. Let dough rest for 30 mins., covered with a damp cloth.
Mix the sifted flour and shortening, knead to a soft dough till it doesn't stick to the hands. Let dough rest for 30 mins., covered with a damp cloth.
1) Divide water dough into 30 gm each and roll into a ball.
2) Divide oil dough into 20 gm each, roll into a ball.
3) Wrap the oil dough inside the water dough, shape into a ball.
4) Roll out, then roll up like a swiss roll.
5) Roll out the swiss roll horizontally.
6) Add in the red bean paste in the lower half of the dough, say about 2 tsp, apply egg white around the outer edges of the whole piece of dough, then fold the top half over the bottom half of the dough. Ensure that the sides are sealed properly and shape the dough into a triangle.
7) Apply egg glaze, twice, sprinkle on some sesame seeds.
8) Bake in a preheated oven at 180 deg.C for 25 mins. or till golden brown.
9) Let cool on tray for 5 mins. before removing them onto a wire rack to cool completely.
makes about 9 pieces
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (181g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 260 (43%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 28.9g||39 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.7g||53 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.6g|
|Cholesterol 66.4mg||20 %|
|Sodium 1177.8mg||41 %|
|Potassium 22.6mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 82.4g||24 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 80.8g|
|Protein 3.7g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 598
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.