1. Whisk bread flour, whole-wheat flour, yeast, and salt together in bowl of stand mixer. Whisk water, yogurt, 1 tablespoon oil, and sugar in a 4-cup liquid measuring cup until sugar has dissolved. Using dough hook on low speed, slowly add water mixture to flour mixture and mix until cohesive dough starts to form and no dry flour remains, about 2 minutes, scraping down bowl as needed. Increase speed to medium-low and knead until dough is smooth and elastic and clears sides of bowl but sticks to bottom, about 8 minutes.
2. Transfer dough to lightly floured counter and knead by hand to form smooth, round ball, about 30 seconds. Place dough seam side down in lightly greased large bowl or container, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and let rise until doubled in size, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
3. Transfer dough to clean counter, divide into quarters or whatever size you desire. Cover loosely with greased plastic wrap. Working with 1 piece at a time (keeping remaining pieces covered), form into rough ball by stretching dough around your thumbs and pinching edges together so that top is smooth. Place ball seam side down on clean counter, and using your cupped hand, drag in small circles until dough feels taught and round. Let ball rest, covered, for 10 minutes.
4. Grease 12-inch cast iron skillet with remaining oil and heat over medium heat for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, press and roll 1 dough ball into 9-inch round or even thickness piece of your choice. Sprinkle counter as needed with flour. Using fork, poke entire surface of round 20 to 25 times.
5. Using paper towels, carefully wipe out skillet leaving thin film of oil on bottom and sides of skillet. Mist top of dough with water. Place dough moistened side down in skillet. Mist top of dough with water and cover. Cook util flatbread is lightly puffed and bottom is spotty brown 2 to 4 minutes. Flip flatbread, cover and continue cooking until done - another 2 to 4 minutes.
6. Brush 1 side of flatbread with about 1 teaspoon of melted butter. Sprinkle with salt. Serve immediately or keep warm in oven.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (233g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 93 (15%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.3g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.7g||19 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.6g|
|Cholesterol 12.4mg||4 %|
|Sodium 629.8mg||22 %|
|Potassium 278mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 107.5g||32 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.4g||22 %|
|Sugars, other 102g|
|Protein 19.5g||28 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 605
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!