Steps to Making Easy Flatbread
1. Evenly mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Make a well in the mix and add the olive oil and the warm water. Start with ½ cup and add more water if the dough seems too dry.
2. Gently fold the wet and dry ingredients together with clean hands, then knead for 30 seconds and shape into a ball. Evenly coat with a few drops of olive oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let sit for 1 hour if using active dry yeast or 10-15 minutes if using rapid rise yeast.
3. After the dough has proofed, lightly flour a clean surface and a rolling pin. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
4. In the bowl, carefully cut the dough ball into 6 pieces, and gently separate each piece into individual dough balls.
5. Take one of the dough balls and gently form it into a disk with your hands. Flatten it with the floured rolling pin over the floured surface, flipping two or three times and flattening more, until it’s 6-8 inches in diameter.
6. Spray the skillet with non-stick spray and add the flattened disk. Flip after two minutes and cook the other side for an additional two minutes (heat an extra minute on each side if you plan on using for dipping or pizza-style flatbread). While it cooks, flatten the next ball of dough.
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 until all of the flatbread is cooked.
The flatbread is best served warm but can be refrigerated for several days and reheated in the oven at 350 for 3-4 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (2g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1|
|Calories from Fat: 17 (94%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.8g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.3g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1.4mg||0 %|
|Potassium 0mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.5g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0.5g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 18
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!