1. Cut two round pieces of parchment paper to fit your microwave's plate (or dinner plate) ~ This way you can work on one batch while the other batch is being nuked!
2. Mix your flax seed, water and spices by hand (a fork works best)
3. Using a teaspoon (or melon-baller if handy), scoop batter onto the parchment paper to match the size of a small walnut.
4. Either with your fingers or the back of a spoon, spread the batter blobs into flat, thin, pancake like circles (... or heck, try a square!). IMPORTANT ! Add salt right before you put it in the microwave. Spread the batter so that the cracker will be thin and as consistent as possible! The thinner, the crispier!
5. Place parchment paper in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes; continue to cook in 1 minute intervals until crackers are crisp. My microwave takes about 5 minutes total, but always break up the cooking time in 1 minute increments. (Test by tapping a fingernail on each cracker - there should be no "soft spots.")
6. Dark speckling will occur if the crackers have been burnt (for shame!). Believe, me - these get super BITTER when even slightly burnt.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (405g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 638 (71%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 70.8g||94 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.2g||31 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 48.3g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 60mg||2 %|
|Potassium 1369.6mg||36 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 48.7g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 45.9g||184 %|
|Sugars, other 2.8g|
|Protein 30.8g||44 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 898
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!