1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Cook pasta to al dente. Strain pasta reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
3. While pasta water is coming to a boil, in a large mixing bowl combine the turkey, salt, pepper, rosemary, fennel seeds, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup Parmigiano, egg and bread crumbs. *If the mixture seems too wet, add a handful of bread crumbs and mix together.
4. Lightly grease a baking sheet with olive oil.
5. Form 8 large round balls, about 3 - 4". Coat balls in a couple of tablespoons of EVOO. Arrange on baking sheet and roast 17 - 18 minutes until juices run clear.
6. Defrost spinach in microwave 8 - 10 minutes on "defrost" setting. Place the boxes in a shallow dish to catch any run off.
7. While the meatballs roast, in a medium sauce pot over medium heat, melt butter, whisk in flour, cook 1 minute then whisk in stock and milk, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg and thicken 5 - 6 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1 cup Parmigiano and reduce heat on lowest setting.
8. Wring spinach completely dry in clean kitchen towel then separate as you add it to the sauce. Also add the reserved 1 cup pasta cooking liquid.
9. Toss pasta with the spinach-white sauce and adjust seasonings.
10. Serve Florentine Mac-n-Cheese with 2 meatballs per person alongside.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1389g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 590 (45%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 65.5g||87 %|
|Saturated Fat 37.2g||186 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 18.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.9g|
|Cholesterol 185.3mg||57 %|
|Sodium 1847.7mg||64 %|
|Potassium 1127mg||30 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 124.8g||37 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20 %|
|Sugars, other 119.7g|
|Protein 57.4g||82 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1324
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!