1. In a medium bowl, place flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix to blend well.
2. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the oil. Mix in well. Add the hot water a bit at a time until the dough is soft but not sticky.
3. Knead the dough 15 times until smooth and form into a ball. Divide into 10 balls and flatten them gently.
4. Lightly flour a large flat surface and roll out each ball from the center. The dough will be rather elastic, but continue rolling until thin and round.
5. Heat a large cast iron skillet or griddle on medium high heat until hot. Cook each tortilla for 15-20 seconds per side, then serve hot. Enjoy!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (35g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 28 (21%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.1g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.3g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 109.8mg||4 %|
|Potassium 39.7mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 23.6g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 22.6g|
|Protein 3.2g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 136
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.