1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease a 10-inch round cake pan and set aside.
2. In small saucepan over medium heat, combine the water, salt, and sugar. Stir until completely dissolved and set aside.
3. Either in the top half of a double boiler or in a microwave, melt the bittersweet chocolate. Pour the chocolate into the bowl of an electric mixer.
4. Cut the butter into pieces and beat the butter into the chocolate. 1 piece at a time. Beat in the hot sugar-water. Slowly beat in the eggs, one at a time.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Have a pan larger than the cake pan ready. Put the cake pan in the larger pan and fill the pan with boiling water, halfway up the sides of the cake pan.
6. Bake cake in the water bath at 300 degrees F for 45 mins. The center will still look wet. Chill cake overnight in the pan. To unfold, dip the bottom of the cake pan in hot water for 10 seconds and invert onto a serving plate.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1182g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1717 (74%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 190.8g||254 %|
|Saturated Fat 120.7g||604 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 49.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 7.2g|
|Cholesterol 517.9mg||159 %|
|Sodium 801.5mg||28 %|
|Potassium 1166.6mg||31 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 136.1g||40 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 136.1g|
|Protein 26.3g||38 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2313
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!