1. steam the spinach until it''''s mostly cooked
2. melt the butter in a warm frying pan (with a tiny drop of olive oil to prevent it burning)
3. whisk the egg whites with a tiny drop of water until they are frothy (but not overly frothy)
4. add the yokes to the whisked whites and season to taste
5. pour the mixture into the pan and cover (the cover allows it to cook on both sides)
6. when the mixture is firm, flip it over.
7. add the spinach and grated parmesan (or any filling of your choice)
8. fold the omelette over and cover again
9. flip until slightly browned on both sides
10. garnish and serve
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (601g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1677 (90%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 186.3g||248 %|
|Saturated Fat 99.3g||496 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 59.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 11.7g|
|Cholesterol 1945.2mg||599 %|
|Sodium 1518.5mg||52 %|
|Potassium 755.5mg||20 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 4.8g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 3.7g|
|Protein 50g||71 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1864
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.