1. Heat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions.
2. Preheat oven to 300°F degrees. Place a baking sheet in the oven.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, yogurt, butter, and egg yolks.
5. Whisk the flour mixture to the wet ingredients until smooth.
6. In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a wire whisk attachment, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form, about 3 minutes. Use a rubber spatula to gently fold the egg whites into the waffle batter until just mixed.
7. For large Belgian waffles, spread 1 cup of the batter nearly to the edges of the waffle iron. For regular waffles, use ½ cup of batter.
8. Bake using a medium-high setting for approximately 4 minutes, or until the waffles are deeply golden and crisp.
9. Serve immediately with maple syrup, or keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (135g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 48 (35%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5.3g||7 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.7g||9 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 213.4mg||66 %|
|Sodium 1280.1mg||44 %|
|Potassium 280.2mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 15.1g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 14.6g|
|Protein 9g||13 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 139
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!