1) Boil the kettle. Peel and finely slice the brown onion.
2) Heat a large, wide-based deep pan or pot (preferably non-stick) with a generous drizzle of vegetable oil over a medium heat. Once hot add the sliced onion with a pinch of salt and cook for 4-5 min or until starting to caramelise. Once caramalised add the curry powder and ground turmeric and cook.
3) Meanwhile chop the coconut cream roughly. Dissolve the chopped coconut cream in 900ml boiled water. Add the soy sauce and 2 tsp sugar (optional) - this is your coconut stock. Peel and finely chop the garlic.
4) Add the chopped garlic, thai red curry paste and kaffir lime leaves to the pan and cook for 2-3 mins or until fragrant. Wash the baby leaf spinach.
5) Add the coconut stock and half of the sriracha and cook for 3-4 mins. Meanwhile trim and then chop 3 spring onions into thirds. Finely slice the remaining spring onions and set aside for garnish. Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips.
6) Add the fine egg noodles, spring onion thirds, washed spinach and chicken strips to the pan and give everything a good mix up. Bring to the boil over a high heat and cook for 4-5 mins or until the chicken is cooked through and the noodles are tender. Once done remove the pan from the heat.
7) Roll the lime with your hand on a hard surface to release more juice and cut in half. Squeeze the juice of half a lime into the laksa. Cut the remaining lime into 2 wedges.
8) Serve in bowls. Garnish with the spring onion and lime. Drizzle over the remaining sriracha.
Nutritional info per serving: 625 cal; 22.7g fat 17.3g of which saturates; 58g carbs 11.7g of which sugars; 11.5g fibre; 43.8g protein; 2.35g salt
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (123g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 3 (6%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.3g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 8.7mg||0 %|
|Potassium 227.8mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 12.5g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12 %|
|Sugars, other 9.5g|
|Protein 1.7g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 50
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!