1. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown and crumble sausage. Once cooked, set aside sausage to drain and cool on a paper towel-lined plate. Do not drain grease.
2. Turn the heat up to medium-high on the same skillet and add the shredded potatoes.
3. Season potatoes with salt, pepper and garlic powder (to taste).Ensure the potatoes cook in a single layer, making sure to press down the potatoes with a spatula.
4. Flip after a few minutes and continue until potatoes are brown and crispy.
5. You may need to add a tablespoon or two of oil to the skillet. Once browned, set aside the cooked potatoes on a paper towel-lined plate.
6. Crack 8 eggs into a large mixing bowl. Add 1/4 cup water and whisk vigorously combined. Turn skillet down to medium-low. Pour in Eggland’s Best eggs and season with salt and pepper.
7. Stir and cook eggs slowly until thoroughly cooked. Set aside scrambled eggs in a plate. Take skillet off heat.
8. Starting with the soft taco, add a layer of sausage, then a layer of shredded potatoes, scrambled eggs and finally finishing with cheddar cheese. Gather in the ends of the burrito and carefully roll up and place burrito seam side down.
9. Continue with the additional nine burritos. Once completed, wrap each burrito with plastic wrap. Then place into a freezer-safe bag. Mark the outside of the bag with the contents and date.
10. When ready to reheat, remove burrito from freezer bag, unwrap from plastic wrap then place on a microwave-safe plate.
11. Reheat for about 1-2 minutes (until thoroughly warmed).Serve with salsa and sour cream (optional).
Burritos may be frozen up to 6 months. This recipe may be doubled.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (80g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 85 (68%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9.5g||13 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.9g||30 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 46.3mg||14 %|
|Sodium 198.1mg||7 %|
|Potassium 31.8mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 2.3g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 1g|
|Protein 7.6g||11 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 125
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.