Don't let the cayenne scare you away from these tasty chicken fingers. They're great for lunch, dinner on the run, or as a party appetizer. Try dipping them in commercial salsa, ranch dressing or chipotle BBQ sauce. Or slice the cooked fingers and serve atop salad or in wraps with black beans and other ingredients.
Recipe makes 3 entrees, about 12 fingers each
Prep for Freezer:
1. Rinse & trim chicken as desired. Cut each half-breast lengthwise into three strips. Set aside.
2. Place eggs in shallow dish.
3. Combine breadcrumbs, cumin, garlic, chili powder, salt, and cayenne in a large bowl.
4. Dip each piece of chicken first into the egg and then into the breadcrumb mixture. Place breaded chicken pieces onton one or more baking sheets. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until solid.
5. Once the chicken fingers are frozen, remove from baking sheets and divide evenly among the 1-gallon freezer bags. Seal and return to the freezer.
To Cook one Entree:
1. Completely thaw one entree in the refridgerator
2. Preheat the oven to 350degrees
3. Bake chicken fingers on a greased baking sheet for 30minutes, or until chicken pulls apart easily and is no longer pink in the center of the thickest portion.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (329g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 356 (42%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 39.5g||53 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.3g||42 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 15.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 8.9g|
|Cholesterol 94.6mg||29 %|
|Sodium 1471.5mg||51 %|
|Potassium 749mg||20 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 79.2g||23 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.9g||23 %|
|Sugars, other 73.4g|
|Protein 43.1g||62 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 849
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!