1.Preheat the oven to 350° F.
Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. In a separate large bowl, cream together the sugar and shortening.
4. Add the eggs and mix again.
5. Alternate adding one-third of the flour mixture and one-third of the milk to the creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.
6. Fill the muffin cups two-thirds full.
7. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden. Remove the muffins from the pan and set aside.
8. To make the coating, melt 2 sticks of butter in a bowl or glass pan. In a separate container, combine 1 ½ cups sugar and 3 teaspoons cinnamon.
9. Dip the warm muffins in the butter, coating thoroughly.
10. Then roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Don’t be afraid to really coat ‘em up!
11. Cinnamony-sweet perfection! The deliciousness of these beauties is not to be underestimated.
After cooling completely, puffs can be frozen in plastic bags and reheated later.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (99g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 85 (40%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9.5g||13 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.8g||19 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 38.1mg||12 %|
|Sodium 4691.3mg||162 %|
|Potassium 103.8mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 25.7g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 24.8g|
|Protein 5.5g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 213
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!