1. In a bowl, beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. In another bowl, combine flour, cornstarch and baking powder. Sift into egg mixture. Stir to blend.
2. Line a 9-inch round baking pan with greased wax paper. Do not grease sides of pan.
3. Pour batter into pan. Bake at 375-degrees for about 30 minutes. Let cake cool in pan. Loosen around edges with a knife. Carefully turn cake out onto rack. Peel off paper.
4. For filling, beat together butter and sugar until creamy. Add egg yolks, ccoa and orange marmalade, if used. Stir until smooth.
5. Cut cake into three layers. Spread chocolate filling between cake layers.
6. For glaze, melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler. Spread mixture on top and sides of cake.
7. Garnish with seeded grapes, whole or halved, andcandied flowers, if used. Chill cake for a few hours.
Use the best quality chocolate for this cake.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (94g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 193 (59%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 21.4g||29 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.6g||63 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 152.6mg||47 %|
|Sodium 209.6mg||7 %|
|Potassium 139.8mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 33.2g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 31.7g|
|Protein 4g||6 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 325
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.