MISE EN PLACE: Slice onions into half-rings
1) Slowly stew onions over low heat in lightly browned butter until translucent, without browning the onions.
2) Douse with wine, add bay leaf, and bring to a simmer.
3) Pour in broth and simmer over low heat for about 30 minutes.
4) Add salt & pepper and garlic to taste. If you'd like, add another splash of wine.
5) Serve with melted cheese on toasted bread.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1760g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 78 (24%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.6g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.8g||24 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 14.3mg||4 %|
|Sodium 5364.9mg||185 %|
|Potassium 1153.4mg||30 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 33.8g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16 %|
|Sugars, other 29.9g|
|Protein 25.7g||37 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 322
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.