1. In a large pot, cook onions and butter until soft
2. Drizzle with Olive Oil and cook for an additional 15 minutes
3. Add broth, water, salt & pepper. Cover and let cook for 30 minutes
4. Ladle soup into ramekins. Place croutons on top (optional, leave out if cooking for low carb).
5. Cover with cheese.
6. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown. Serve Immediately.
If you are making this recipe to serve on a later day, DO NOT complete steps 4-6 until you are ready to serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (317g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 272 (73%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 30.2g||40 %|
|Saturated Fat 14.9g||74 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 11.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.7g|
|Cholesterol 63.6mg||20 %|
|Sodium 909mg||31 %|
|Potassium 253.2mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 14.7g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 12.9g|
|Protein 11.8g||17 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 372
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!