You'll want to first start cooking the rice, as it takes the longest. Once that is going, you can start the chicken. Then while that is going, prepare the vegetables. Start the beans. Shred the cheese. Then shred the chicken. Finally, prepare the rice. You may layer the ingredients in a med/large bowl as follows:
* Add the prepared rice.
* Add chicken and/or beans.
* Add cheese.
* Layer the vegetables.
* Add salsa, guacamole, and additional lime as desired.
1. Cook the brown rice using a rice cooker or your favorite boiling method.
2. Once cooked, squeeze 1-2 limes over rice.
3. Mix in desired amount of cilantro.
4. Can add diced jalapeño for more spice.
1. Add chicken in pot with water.
2. Add spices: cumin, chilli pepper, garlic powder, onion powder.
3. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
5. Remove chicken and shred.
1. Dice onion.
2. Mince garlic
3. Chop cilantro.
4. Dice tomatoes.
5. Dice the red bell pepper.
6. Slice the Mushroom
7. Drain canned corn.
8. Slice avocado.
9. Cut lime into wedges for squeezing.
10. Chop or shred lettuce.
11. Optional: Make guacamole: Mash avocado with some of the garlic (or garlic powder); add pinch of salt and juice from squeezed lime wedge.
12. Optional: Lightly saute the mushroom, 1/2 onion, and red bell pepper on medium heat for 4-8 minutes if you don't like them raw.
1. Cook undrained beans, 1/2 of the onion, and garlic on medium/low heat for 10 minutes.
2. Can add cayenne for more spice.
Make sure to give the brown rice enough time to cook as it can take an hour for brown rice. Feel free to add more vegetables as desired.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1057g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 489 (40%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 54.4g||73 %|
|Saturated Fat 17.4g||87 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 24.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 8.3g|
|Cholesterol 129.7mg||40 %|
|Sodium 1111.1mg||38 %|
|Potassium 2778.4mg||73 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 134.5g||40 %|
|Dietary Fiber 26.7g||107 %|
|Sugars, other 107.8g|
|Protein 56.5g||81 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1208
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!