1. Preheat the oven tp 350*. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan lightly with butter or vegetable oil.
2. For the cake, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt* together into a small bowl.
3. Cream the butter, sugar, and vanilla in a medium-size mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until the mixture is light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Stop the mixer once or twice to scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula.
4. Add the eggs one at a time to the butter mixture and mix on medium speed after each addition until blended, 8 to 10 seconds. Scrape the bowl each time.
5. Fold one-third of the dry ingredients in by hand just until they have absorbed the liquid but are not thoroughly blended. Fold in half the milk by hand with several strokes, then the rest of the dry ingredients, folding just until they are absorbed. Add the rest of the milk and fold it in just until the batter is smooth.
6. Fold the blueberries in gently.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake the cake on the center oven rack until the top is just set but not golden, 25 to 30 minutes.
8. Meanwhile prepare the topping: Place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until blended, about 10 pulses. Or mix all the dry ingredients in a small bowl and rub the butter into the mixture with your fingers.
9. When the top of the cake is set, cover the surface with spoonfuls of topping and return the cake tot he oven until the topping spreads and begins to get crunchy, 15 to 20 minutes.
10. Remove the cake from the oven and serve it hot. It is good
The cooking length will vary. I always add an additional 10 to 15 minutes and check it with a toothpick.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (235g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 294 (41%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 32.7g||44 %|
|Saturated Fat 18.5g||92 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2g|
|Cholesterol 333.5mg||103 %|
|Sodium 819.5mg||28 %|
|Potassium 214.5mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 96.8g||28 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 94.9g|
|Protein 12.1g||17 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 718
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.