1. Scoop out 5 balls of ice cream. Return to freezer.
2. Mix cornflake crumbs, cinnamon and sugar. Roll frozen ice cream balls in half of crumb mixture and freeze again.
3. Beat egg and dip coated balls in egg, then roll again in remaining crumbs. Freeze until ready to use. (For thicker coating, repeat dipping in egg and rolling in crumbs.)
4. When ready to serve, heat oil to 350 degrees F. Place 1 frozen ice cream ball in fryer basket or on perforated spoon and lower into hot oil 1 minute. Immediately remove and place in dessert dish. Drizzle with honey and top with dollop of whipped cream.
5. Continue to fry balls one at a time. Balls will be crunchy on outside and just beginning to melt inside.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (80g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 325 (90%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 36.1g||48 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.8g||54 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 15.8g|
|Cholesterol 107.5mg||33 %|
|Sodium 32.7mg||1 %|
|Potassium 50mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.7g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 8.4g|
|Protein 2.4g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 362
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.