1) Prepare a grill for indirect heat: heat only one side to medium-high heat.
2) Place a heavy-bottomed dutch oven over direct heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil along with the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper, and add the garlic.
3) Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown on all sides, 5-7 minutes. Add enough water to cover the potatoes halfway, lose the grill and steam until the potatoes are cooked through and the water has evaporated.
4) Lightly smash the potatoes with a potato masher and drizzle with more olive oil. Cook until the potatoes are crispy on the bottom, about 5 more minutes. Serve sprinkled with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with minced dill.
5) Potatoes can alternately be cooked over medium-high heat on a stovetop.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (232g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1 (12%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 38.7mg||1 %|
|Potassium 20.4mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1.7g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 1.6g|
|Protein 0.3g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 8
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.