1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Crack the eggs into a medium mixing bowl. Add your dairy of choice and the salt. Whisk just until the egg yolks and whites are blended. Whisk in all or half of the cheese (you can reserve the other half for topping the frittata before baking, if desired). Set the mixture aside.
3. In a 12-inch cast iron skillet (or any other large skillet that’s oven safe), warm the olive oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add the vegetables, starting with chopped onions or other dense vegetables. Cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, then add any softer vegetables such as zucchini. Cook until those vegetables are tender, then add any garlic or greens, and cook until fragrant or wilted. Season with salt, to taste.
4. Traditional stovetop option: Whisk the eggs once more and pour the mixture over the vegetables. Stir with a spatula briefly to combine and distribute the mixture evenly across the pan. If you reserved any cheese, sprinkle it on top of the frittata now.
5. Once the outside edge of the frittata turns lighter in color (about 30 seconds to 1 minute), carefully transfer the frittata to the oven. Bake for 7 to 14 minutes (keep an eye on it), until the eggs are puffed and appear cooked, and the center of the frittata jiggles just a bit when you give it a gentle shimmy. Remove the frittata from the oven and place it on a cooling rack to cool. Garnish with herbs, slice with a sharp knife, and serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (233g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 74 (47%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.2g||11 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.1g||26 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 28.5mg||9 %|
|Sodium 298.5mg||10 %|
|Potassium 390.8mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 10.1g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 9.8g|
|Protein 11.1g||16 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 156
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!